Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like christmas...

Hey all!

Last week I put up my Christmas tree. Which was an adventure all in itself. I went to Big Lots first cause the commercials make that place look so nice...lies, all lies. First of all, the place is a disaster. I couldn't find ANYTHING, and then when I asked for help the workers there didn't hardly speak any English. How is that allowed? It's like if I went to Italy and tried to work and communicate, I don't know Italian...sillyness. So I went to Target, which was also a zoo, but at least they had what I was looking for. I had to ask for help - but at least the employee understood English. So after 3 hours of trying to find a tree I got home to put it up :) He's a little 4 1/2 footer pre-lit, which saves soo much time. I baked cookies and Jen and I painted them for the tree. That was really fun. Milo really liked it when I strung the popcorn garland. (which made the house smell like popcorn for a week) Oh well, it looks nice. I'm going today to see if I can get Jen's christmas present and get it under the tree before she gets back from San Fransisco on Sunday.

I'm coming home sooner than I had expected! YAY so that makes it 6 days!! I'm so excited. I - on a hunch - checked on southwest to see what it would cost me to change my flight to sooner, and it was actually going to cost EXACTLY the same amount. The only catch was that I'd have to take a half day of work on Friday the 19th. Sooo I talked to all my boss' and they said it's fine if I take the half day cause I've worked so hard these past few weeks. And as long as all my Christmas stuff is done before I leave then it's fine! Which I'll have done on Tuesday THANK GOD.

The Christmas list this year has been a nightmare. I don't have time to do my normal job AND the Christmas list. The only way I got it done is by taking it home with me and working an extra 3 hours each night last week :( I'm two employees rolled into one inexpensive (for Alkemi) little package. They're getting such a deal with me. Oh well - 6 DAYS...can't wait to go back east and go skiing (yes, Uncle Steve, I wanna go skiing) Oh about that --- I'd like to get new boots, does that mean I have to get new bindings?

Anyway, it's still early and I haven't had any coffee yet....here's the rest of the pictures of the tree:







Love ya,
Tan

No comments: